Tuesday 21 February 2012

David Giles @ The Railway Inn; Winchester 12/2/12

I had heard of Essex born singer songwriter David Giles via my boyfriend and I was told he was due to play in Winchester, the nearest town to home to watch him. I had heard his songs briefly and thought they were very cleverly written in the way they relate to modern day society. Particularly via the song Confessions Of A Facebook Stalker where I thought it was a great song to relate to a lot of people today who use Facebook on a day to day basis. I got there quite early since I had an interview set up with him; it was great watching soundcheck, I felt it was a fantastic opportunity to see what happens behind the scenes of gigs. The interview with Dave went splendidly and you will see this interview posted another day.

His set was particularly mesmerising and it was the busiest I had seen Winchester's Railway Inn for a while; entering the venue once it was a bit more full I got given a free shortbread biscuit from the merchandising team which is particularly unique and different to any other gig I have been to. I loved the happy go lucky vibe he brought to the venue; he looked rather fetching in a monkey hat combined with the English gentlemen look. Their cover of boyband Five's Keep On Moving was classic; it was fantastic to hear a completely different rendition of a song that was a big highlight of my childhood. Dave mentioned in his interview that he wants people to remember the gig and want to come back for more; can definitely say I will be making another trip to one of Dave's gigs again soon.

Here's a video from the gig that was filmed that he posted today; click here to view it


No comments:

Post a Comment