Monday 30 September 2013

Alter Bridge - Fortress

After a three year wait, Florida rock band Alter Bridge's brand new album Fortress hits the UK shelves of record shops and online retailers today. I received mine in the post today and after listening to it I have placed it on my top albums of 2013.

The first few songs of the album had me in chills; the opening song Cry Of Achilles was introduced by a Spanish guitar like riff that leaves the listener wanting to hear more, it then transforms to the heavy distorted guitars and the epicly recognisable voice from Myles Kennedy can be heard giving the ears a treat. The album's single Addicted To Pain is the second track on the album, I remember hearing it a few months ago and thinking the song was average, but having now listened to it as part of the album the song has grown on me the more I listen to it.

My personal favourite tracks on the album are Lover, Waters Rising and All Ends Well. Lover is the beautiful romantic ballad on the track with an amazing melody and shows off the skills of Mr Mark Tremonti via the original, slick guitar riff and solo. In Waters Rising, we see another talent from Tremonti and that is his singing, his voice suited the song perfectly and that is why it is a standout track. All Ends Well is like a reincarnation of  Life Must Go On; it has the perfect keep-strong-carry on vibe that most of us could use with now and again so this is the song to pick you up when you are down. 

Successfully closing with Fortress allows the listener to experience the heavier sounds of Alter Bridge one last time. I can therefore conclude that Fortress is indeed a rock gem that will treasured for years; Alter Bridge you have yourselves proud!

Stand out tracks:  Lover, Waters Rising and All Ends Well
R.I.Y.L:  Creed and Slash

Words by Charlotte Whittingham



Find Alter Bridge here

No comments:

Post a Comment