Wednesday 11 April 2012

Daniel Leigh - My Little Eye EP

London born singer/songwriter Daniel Leigh has become quite a star in the music scene on the southern coast of England; as well as writing and performing his own songs in diverse genres of music, he also fronts hard rock band New Device and teaches at Newbury Rock School. Having heard of his solo material at various acoustic sets around Southampton I was excited when I heard he was to release a solo EP, that is available to pre-order now. Opening track We'll Be Lovers Tonight was a great choice to open this magical EP with; I am very familiar with that song since it was the first solo song I had heard by Dan. However it sounded different to how I have heard it in the past, previously the recording had a more electronic beat to it but here it sounds a lot softer that I think works incredibly well. The single on the album The End Of Hope (Is A Long Way To Go) surprised me the most on this EP; I have only heard Dan's voice and the acoustic guitar so hearing the string arrangements in the first verse took me by surprise entirely and it really adds a beautiful element to the track. Overall a wonderful debut EP;  it contains fantastic songs where Daniel Leigh's distinct voice and lyrical skills are heard throughout. 

Tuomaslotte rating:  TTTTT

Stand out tracks:  We'll Be Lovers Tonight, Free Flow and The End Of Hope (Is A Long Way To Go)


You can pre-order your copy of the EP today by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment