Friday 11 May 2012

The Royalty - Lovers

I received an email from a company called Victory Records telling me about one of their best upcoming bands The Royalty; I was sent a copy of their debut album Lovers and was intrigued. I started to listen to album and it was most definitely love at the first hearing; the moment I heard the opening track Bartender I was immediately reminded of Duffy jamming Vampire Weekend. I can almost definitely see why MTV have given them a very positive reputation; you hear the vintage influences very clearly in the songs yet the music is very refreshing, new and unique. Overall, I would describe this debut album as a masterpiece. Cannot wait to hear and see more from them.

Tuomaslotte rating:  10/10
Stand out tracks:  Bartender, Bottle Breaker and Every Little Bit
For fans of:  Duffy and Vampire Weekend


Find The Royalty on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment