Tuesday 1 May 2012

We Caught The Castle - Time To Grow

Five piece female fronted alternative band We Caught The Castle from Reading have released a debut album called Time To Grow; I had seen them them before locally and have been quite impressed with their performance so to receive a copy of their album was very exciting indeed. Starting with the instrumental Intro that smoothly transformed into the title track Time To Grow was a fantastic way to open up the album. The male screams I did not expect; since I was so used to hearing them perform without scream vocals so when it was the first thing I heard it made me jump slightly. It works well. The album is very well put together, I recognised a few of the songs on the album such as Lips and That Poor Boy from live shows that were good. It started off well but then for my personal taste the songs didn't really show much variety; although it's not the worst album I have heard so overall this album is fairly average.

I am also raising my rating system from now on, so I will be rating out of 10 rather than 5.

Stand out tracks:  That Poor Boy, Time To Grow and Lips
For fans of:  Paramore and We Are In Crowd
Tuomaslotte rating:  7/10


Find We Caught The Castle on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment