Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Treatment - Running With The Dogs

One of Britain’s best upcoming rock bands The Treatment have made a name for themselves touring with KISS, Motely Crue and Slash. They are back with a brand new album that most certainly shows the growth of the Cambridge rockers!

Kicking off with the single I Bleed Rock And Roll is a song that I think particularly sums up The Treatment to a tee…they bleed some classic, raw rock and roll perfectly. The album from that point on just gets better with songs such as Drop Like A Stone, title track Running With The Dogs and Cloud Across The Sun; these songs contain the crucial ingredients needed for the perfect rock songs, which includes original guitar riffs/solos, excellent vocal work and melodies that will fly around in your head for hours on end.

My personal favourite tracks on the album are Emergency, Cloud Across The Sun and Unchain My World. I cannot get enough of the song Emergency; I have probably listened to that about ten times today because the fantastic harmonies in the catchy chorus just have you hooked. Cloud Across The Sun is the equivalent of Just Tell Me Why from the previous album, a brilliant track just to sway and wave your arms along to when you need a break from headbanging. Unchain My World is a beautiful acoustic ballad that really shows off the ability of vocalist Matt Jones and it’s very different to the tracks I have heard from them previously.

So from this review I’m sure you gathered that I really enjoyed this album from The Treatment. All I can end the review with is that the albums of 2014 have most certainly got off to an unbelievably cracking start and Running With The Dogs is vital evidence of that!

Click here to listen to their new album before release date Monday, I've bought my copy!

Rating:  10/10
R.I.Y.L:  Aerosmith, Jettblack and AC/DC
Stand out tracks:  Emergency, Cloud Across The Sun and Unchain My World

Be sure to catch them on their UK tour which starts Monday 3rd Feb!

Tour dates

03/02/2014             Waterfront Studio, Norwich
04/02/2014             Rock City (Basement), Nottingham
05/02/2014             The Sugarmill, Stoke On Trent
07/02/2014             O2 Academy Islington, London
08/02/2014             Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton
09/02/2014             Academy 3, Manchester
10/02/2014             Corporation, Sheffield
11/02/2014             King Tuts, Glasgow
13/02/2014             Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff
14/02/2014             Thekla, Bristol


Find The Treatment on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment