Sunday 21 August 2011

Seether - Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray

Seether are one of my favourite grunge rock bands to date; their album Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces is one of my favourites. I had noticed they had disappeared from the world of rock for a bit and realised they have released a brand new album. I had heard the first single Country Song on YouTube recently and I really liked how they took a completely different approach to their music via that song.  From beginning to the end of the album I found that these South African grunge rockers had not lost their touch; I think it's the fourth time I have listened to this album in the past couple of days and it gets better every time I hear it. For me one of Seether's highlights is how on their albums they can express both sides of their personality in through their music and songwriting skills. Same goes for this album; there's the really upbeat feel good songs such as Tonight and then you have the very dark material on there such as Pass Slowly. 


This is a brilliant album; fantastic comeback from the band and possibly their best album so far. Keep it up boys; their new album is now available to purchase.


Stand out tracks:  Country Song, Down and Roses


Find Seether on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment