Monday 9 December 2013

My two weeks at Terrorizer!

Squashed on the tube? Check!
Sweaty armpit in my face? Check!
Staying in more than one accommodation in the same week? Check!
Proof –read many articles? Check!


This checklist is a little summary of my two fantastic weeks at the main offices of Terrorizer magazine! I was a small town girl in the big city; I had been to London in the past mainly for leisure but never for work so excitement and anticipation filled me up very quickly!

On my first day at Terrorizer I was feeling very apprehensive as I did not know what to expect; I thought I would either be twiddling my thumbs or on endless tea making duty. I could not have been more wrong.

I arrived half an hour earlier then said time since I wanted to make a good impression, this gave me time to take in some of the spectacular street art of Old Street. It wasn’t long before I was greeted by Hannah, the reviews/features editor and let into the office and set up my laptop at my desk. I was gradually introduced to the rest of the Terrorizer team who were all very friendly.  I am happy to say that I was kept busy for the next two weeks with sub-editing articles, transcribing interviews and choosing pages for the magazine online preview, as well as the occasional run to the off-licence for milk and orange squash. Of course an internship would not be complete without tea making now and again so this internship had the whole package.

Throughout these two weeks I have learnt so much about how a magazine is published and the amount of work that goes into it! I think I’ve gained more confidence in myself as a journalist to try new things! The best kind of learning is when you have fun doing it; the relaxed environment with a friendly team of people and the latest pre-releases on in the office from the likes of Grand Magus and Van Canto.

To find out about the intern programme and Terrorizer in general go to their official website! It’s a great way to get experience in publishing and journalism so I highly recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment