Tuesday 7 December 2010

Jimmy Eat World - Invented

Now I know I said I wouldn't review any more albums this year after I'd reveal my top 10 albums but I feel the two albums I have listened to really deserve recognition. This is the first out of the two.

Invented gets off to possibly the best start by combing the acoustic Heart Is Hard To Find with the heavier The Best Theory as the two opening tracks on the album. A lot of the songs on the album such as Higher Devotion had a Green Day/Red Hot Chili Peppers sound to it; meaning the vocals were very Billy Joe Armstrong from Green Day and the guitar solo I got a hint Red Hot Chilis guitarist John Frusciante. Since I have a huge amount of respect for these bands these sounds earn the album brownie points. The start of Coffee and Cigarettes reminded me of an In Darklight song, I liked the rhythm and how the male and female vocals harmonise so beautifully. Although at some points of the album I felt some of the heavier songs sounded the same.

Overall a great album with so remarkable acoustic tracks.

Stand out tracks:  Heart Is Hard To Find, The Best Theory and An Action Needs An Audience

No comments:

Post a Comment