Friday 15 November 2013

Vicki Musselwhite - Salt Air EP

Receiving an invite from a school friend to download an EP I was very intrigued. After having listened to this EP I was glad I accepted the invitation.

The EP got off to a beautifully mellow start opening with the song Lighthouse, one of the things that caught my attention was Vicki’s beautifully smooth voice. I found out today that it was recorded in a living room, which I found pleasantly surprising, as the quality of the sound is excellent.

My personal favourite song on the EP is Tug of War; the intro of this song has you captivated in the first five minutes and I think this is the song that shows Vicki’s vocals at their very best.

Vicki Musselwhite’s EP is another vital example of why we should support our local music scene; she is a very talented singer songwriter who is right on our doorstep. So overall, a truly fantastic EP that I highly recommend.



Words by Charlotte Whittingham

I should also note that all the money she makes of this EP until January is going to Clic Sargent charity, a very worthy cause. Click the link below to find out more.


For fans of  James Morrison and Nina Simone

Find Vicki Musselwhite Facebook and her official website


No comments:

Post a Comment