Friday 22 October 2010

Montage Populaire @ The Unit; Southampton 21/10/10

Yesterday after an tiring but great climbing session I headed next door to The Unit as I knew a band will be playing there. I had never been to The Unit before so as I am entering new venues I'm often apprehensive and a little nervous, especially when you're there on your own. As the band were performing sound checks, I looked around at this student friendly venue; friendly staff, a lively upbeat atmosphere everything you could want in for a night life venue in a student community.

When the band started to play I was highly impressed with their unique sound, keeping up Southampton's great reputation of young fresh bands that is has offered so many times in the past in the form of bands such as Statement Code, TenFourAndOut! and The Light Divided. I had huge respect for this band in front of me last night with their catchy riffs and choruses in every one of their songs, particularly for the keyboard player who could play the trumpet at the same time....that's what I call multi-tasking :) I love rock bands that use instruments that aren't considered 'rock' instruments such as violin, trumpet and saxophone. This bought the biggest grin on my face, I hope to see more of these guys in the future :D

No comments:

Post a Comment