Tuesday 26 October 2010

Open mic nights are absoulutely wicked

Hey peeps, hows things? Last night I went to an open mic night for the first time, so far any gig like event has been mental and brutal...well with the mosh pits and all. Anyways I entered The Orange Rooms in Southampton to meet some friends and well, I love the fact you could just chill out and relax on big comfy sofas rather than being forced to dance because of the drum 'n' bass blaring out the speakers or getting beaten up in a mosh pit to a thrash metal band playing.

Once the musicians were kitted up and sound checked the night was well underway with up coming musicians playing acoustic covers of well known songs such as Naive - The Kooks, ABC -The Jackson 5 and even Pendulum. I imagined doing an acoustic cover of Propane Nightmares would be virtually impossible but last night I was proved wrong; these musicians pulled it off very well. I even liked an acoustic cover of Justin Bieber's song and usually I can't stand Justin Bieber.......I still don't like him but then acoustic cover of his song I did like :P

Overall, a chilled out evening it was the very thing I needed, just chilling out with my friends as the sweet acoustic music played in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment