Sunday 17 October 2010

The Wind Up Birds - Courage, For Tomorrow Will Be Worse EP

Being part of the radio team at my university, one of my jobs is to review new EPs that will be released in a couple of months time so this is my first one. I started to listen, I liked the bounciness of the guitar riff but for me the punkish vocals didn't work. I have to say I liked the lyrics in each and every one of the songs. I noticed very strong views against society and that's what punk rock was all about back in the day.....rebelling against society. Eventhough this EP wasn't my cup of tea, I think this is evidence that punk rock will be making a come back anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. "In a Yorkshire Call Centre I Knelt Down and Wept" is my "Swell Tune" of the day:
    http://mrshuffleupagus.blogspot.com/2011/01/todays-swell-tune-in-yorkshire-call.html
    Love the "We're from northern-f*cking-England" sound.

    ReplyDelete