Friday 22 April 2011

Amaranthe - Amaranthe

I couldn't wait til tomorrow to write a post about this album because it is that good and I may have found another band that fits Tuomaslotte's Bands Of 2011 and Albums of 2011 lists perfectly. I found this album on Spotify under recommendations so I thought 'Why not, I'll give it a listen". On the first listen I was very taken aback by the screamo vocals but once I saw how well it fits together with clean vocals I was amazed; I have possibly listened to the first song Leave Everything Behind for about the fourth time today, I love how this dark metal writes very deep, heavy hearted and poetical lyrics but they put it with such catchy melodies....it's pure genius. There was something different about the melodies in this album, nothing like I have heard in previous metal albums; it has the dirty grungy sounds of metal that mixes with 80s synthesisers. A perfect example of this is put into practise via the track Automatic; the verses give off a dirty grungy melody then the chorus sounds very sort of 80s, I think this technique is genius.

Overall a fantastic album from Swedish/Danish melodic death metallers with a variety of songs from the fast paced dirty Hunger to the heartfelt ballad Amarathine; hope they come to the UK to do a show sometime.

Stand Out Tracks:  Leave Everything Behind, Automatic and Amarathine


Find Amaranthe on Facebook and MySpace

1 comment: