Thursday 21 April 2011

Gecko - Three Dead At Sundown

A video by this band was shared on the Facebook page for this blog yesterday; the video was from three piece hard rock bluesy band Gecko who hail from Southampton. After listening to snippets of their debut album I was impressed with their sound, this album I am writing a post about is their second album Three Dead At Sundown. I love how the entire album is opened up by an instrumental with no singing, the intro sounded very much like a part of my personal favourite Guns 'N Roses tune Welcome To The Jungle. This album sort of reminds me of a hot, sandy place like the desert. It seems sleezy blues rock is definately making a come back, this album prooves this with it's slick guitar solos and old school style tunage.


Stand out tracks:  Back On The Road Again, Man Without A Plan and Tornado

Find Gecko on Facebook, MySpace and Reverbnation

No comments:

Post a Comment