Friday 23 September 2011

Van Canto - Break The Silence and New Nickelback

Well this is a first in Tuomaslotte's Music Journal history; two reviews in one post. I shall explain why; not only is Van Canto's new album out for release but today Nickelback have released two brand new tracks from their upcoming album that will be released November 21st. 

I'll first explain about acapella group's brand new album Break The Silence; it has a fantastic opening, very smooth sound that then transforms into a heavier vocals after Sly's roar. I have noticed a guest appearance from Sabaton's frontman Joakim Broden and coincidently covering the song Primo Victoria (originally by Sabaton) which I must say I love how they have made it sound like one of their own. If it isn't the front man of swedish power metal band then Sly does a great impression of his voice. One of the things I love about Van Canto is that they have a pagan sort of appearance that most of their original songs seem to reflect. Some of the songs on this album show this through songs like Black Wings Of Hate and Spelled In Waters; they both sound very different to each other but both of them remind of an enchanted forest setting and the first people.

A truly fantastic album; an varied collection of sound and melodies that make Van Canto stand out highly. Shame they won't be doing a UK tour anytime soon; I hope they do.

Stand Out Tracks:  Bed Of Nails, Spelled In Waters and The Seller Of Souls


Find Van Canto on Facebook, YouTube and their official website

Now Nickelback have been out of the limelight for a while; they are one of my favourite bands and when I heard about a new album from them this year I jumped in the air for joy (not literally of course). Today they released two new tracks from the album; listening to When We Stand Together and Bottom's Up for the first time I was not let down at all. When We Stand Together is a very happy go lucky song that will cheer you up when you feel like hiding from the world around you; it makes me smile. Bottom's Up shows the band's dark side; it's more rocky and grungy, sounding more like Something In Your Mouth or Never Again. One of the things I love about Nickelback is their versatile collection of songs and these two brand new songs that very different to each other prove this statement.

Here's my personal favourite out of the two; When We Stand Together.


Find Nickelback on Facebook, Twitter and their official website where you can listen to the tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment