Friday 2 September 2011

Requiem For The Dead - Always & Forever

Well Californian industrial rockers Requiem For The Dead have been a highlight to my musical findings this year; ex I Am Ghost frontman Steven Juliano, who happens to be one of my favourite vocalists, fronts this band. Day by day the band have releasing songs from the album this post is all about, creating a an exciting build up to this day where it is now available to download. As a fan of the band and being a highlight in my musical findings I can now reveal this album was well worth the wait. The prelude Sad Boy Meets Sad Girl is so beautifully uplifting; it sets the tone of the album immediately and I got excited hearing it as it smoothly transforms into the next track Those Lovely Shark People. After that the album continues to make me smile; it was the very thing to wake me up before heading off to work today. The acclectic collection this band have created is just mindblowing; the upbeat feel good ones such as Those Lovely Shark People make you smile and then you are haunted by the really dark industrial ones such as The Death Note Of Shipwrecks.

Overall an amazing debut album; it is definitely one of those albums you can listen to over and over again. Hope to see them across the pond sometime.

Stand Out Tracks:  Blonde To Red, The Misadventure Of Coffin Kid and The Terrible Tale Of Two


Find Requiem For The Dead on Facebook and their official website where you can download the album for free

No comments:

Post a Comment