Tuesday 29 November 2011

Nickelback - Here And Now

Hello everyone

How are you all doing? You may have noticed I haven't written anything for a while; well I finally emerged from underneath the huge pile of uni work that I have been so busy with and I am free for now. Three deadlines in one month with a week or two between each other has really kept me occupied; I handed in my last essay before Christmas yesterday so you can imagine a  huge burden off my shoulders.

I would also like to take time out to talk about Nickelback's brand new album Here And Now; eagerly opening the package I was wondering what the album would sound like. Dark Horse is one of my favorite albums to date and I was debating whether it could be topped or not. After listening to the album I realized that the album could be classified as a grower; the opening track This Means War is fantastic way to open the album, along with singles Bottoms Up and When We Stand Together. I also loved the heart felt Lullaby on the album. However listening to the end of the album I noticed they tried a new approach; more country western kind of sound that just was not working for me; Dark Horse still appears to be my favorite album from the guys but this album is not their best, I might learn to like it. Despite this I still have a huge amount of respect for these guys as they were the first rock band I listened to that made me realize who I am today.

Stand out tracks:  This Means War, When We Stand Together and Lullaby

Tuomaslotte rates:  TTT


Find Nickelback on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

Take care for now
Tuomaslotte

No comments:

Post a Comment