Friday 4 November 2011

Fozzy @ The Talking Heads; Southampton 3/11/2011

A night of hard rock, beer and wild crowds that were home to mosh pits are what made Fozzy's show last night at The Talking Heads phenomenal.

Entering The Talking Heads to see favourite hard rock band of the year Jettblack I was full of excitement; they were to be supporting Fozzy a fellow hard rock band from across the pond who are fronted by ex WWE wrestler Chris Jericho. I hadn't really heard a lot from Fozzy being since I was there for Jettblack last night.

I walked into the stage area and the first band Codejak were playing; they are a four piece rock band from Barrow in the UK. I did like the upbeat prescence they bought to The Talking Heads; their dirty, ballsy tunes were a great way to open up the night of hard rock mayhem that was to be unleashed into the atmosphere. I also love their crowd engaging stage moves such as frontman Daniel Turner showing us his guitar skills in the audience and of course giving me a high five. 

Find Codejak on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

Brighton boys Verses were up next to play; they had a slightly more punky sound but that didn't stop me enjoying the music. They definitely showed a lot of passion and energy in their performance; the songs I thought were great too. Very catchy and upbeat; it's great how they write songs about the little things that can make a huge difference. I bought a CD so you may see a post about them very soon and hope to see the boys back in Southampton very soon.

Find Verses on Facebook

Jettblack have so far pleased me highly with their slick guitar riffs and solos, sexy, husky male vocals put into some amazingly written songs. Last night's performance was no exeption; I love how they manage to bring a stadium like prescence to small venues such as The Talking Heads. Starting off with album opening track Slip It On I knew Jettblack were well underway with the fans. Performing what will be stadium anthems one day such as Two Hot Girls and Fooled By A Rose to a brand new song Inbetween Lovers from their upcoming album, the High Wycombe hair metallers shall definitely making it big one day.

Find Jettblack on Facebook

Headliners Fozzy did bring a fantastic crowd last night; I felt slightly out of place amongst the tough looking guys that were twice my height and worked out about three times a day. Fozzy did well to engage their fans and brining an energetic atmosphere to the venue. I did like the music Fozzy played last night but it didn't really have much of a variety and most of it did sound the same. Apart from that Fozzy did a fantastic performance; I will give them another chance I think.

Find Fozzy on Facebook and their official website

I'll leave you with some photos of me and some of the lovely boys of Jettblack; good day




Tuomaslotte rates it:  TTTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment