Monday 7 November 2011

Nightwish - Storytime

Very happy this morning that I found somebody had streamed Nightwish's brand new single Storytime from the radio and I got to listen to the full song for the first time. Only having seen and heard a teaser I can tell that Nightwish are trying a whole new concept in their music; in the past where it had been oceans and forests so I like how here they are trying like an alternate universe known as the Imaginareum. Anyways I love how this single opens with a keyboard tune from the musical genius himself Tuomas Holopainen accompanied by choirs, then the heaviness of the electric guitars and drums enter the song. It's been six years since long time vocalist Tarja Turunen was replaced with Swedish born Anette Olzon and I think the band have done incredibly well with Anette; I think this song particularly shows the band's growth with Anette as their singer. One of the things that attracts me to Nightwish like a moth to a flame is the beautifully written lyrics and this song is no exception; Tuomas is one my inspirations for writing and I have the biggest amount of respect for him.

Overall a fantastic new single from Finnish/Swedish metallers Nightwish; I now only eagerly await the new album to complete my adventure to the Imaginareum since I think my first step into this journey has been a magical one.




Tuomaslotte rates it:  TTTTT

Find Nightwish on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment