Monday 2 May 2011

Dreams Divide - Puppet Love

Ever since watching them at The Talking Heads supporting Die So Fluid back in March, singer David Crout mentioned a debut album being released today; so I have been looking forward to this release. This morning I downloaded this album and realised it was definitely worth the wait.  It's different sound to what I have heard before and I really enjoy it; it adds another genre to my music discoveries as a journalist. I love this album a lot, the songs are incredibly catchy and the synthesisers sound incredible. It's Depeche Mode meeting The Dresden Dolls; it is amazing, some of the songs on the album I recognised from their live set so you can imagine that left me grinning like the Cheisure Cat. The song Leaving, I wrote a post about before, appeared on the album too that I was happy about.

Overall a fantastic debut album that explains what synth pop/ industrial duo Dreams Divide are all about; I would love to see them live again.

Stand out tracks:  Leaving, John and Faces

Find Dreams Divide on Facebook and Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment