Tuesday 24 May 2011

Heaven's Basement - Unbreakable EP

I took the liberty of buying Heaven's Basement's brand new EP at a recent mindblowing show in Southampton; I loved their last EP so I was really looking forward to listening to this one and must say I was highly impressed. Opening with the groundbraking Unbreakable sent chills down my spine; some of the songs on the brand new EP I recognised from the gig and from their Facebook page. Heaven's Basement newly recruited singer Aaron Buchanan did a great job on the vocal pipes; after watching his outstanding performance on Thursday I am very confident about the future for these London hard rockers. My personal favourites on the EP are The Long Goodbye and Leeches; they are both really upbeat songs and always put a smile on my face when I listen to them. I also recognised Close Encounters from their setlist and remember stamping my feet to the rhythm of the slick intro; I love the guitar riff in that song. I also loved the heartfelt Let Me Out Of Here, I think I remember swaying along to it at the gig with my best friend.

Overall a great second EP and hope to hear more soon. This EP is proof that Heaven's Basement still go strong.

Stand out tracks:  The Long Goodbye, Let Me Out Of Here and Leeches


Find Heaven's Basement on their official website, Facebook, MySpace and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment