Monday 10 October 2011

Evanescence - Evanescence

It has been a long time since American goth rockers Evanescence had made an appearance since The Open Door that was released back in 2006 I believe; when I heard the band were making a comeback this year I was astonished. I really love Amy Lee's beautifully haunting voice and the dark vibe Evanescence give off in their music. I wasn't sure what their new album was going to bring; having had some changes in the band line up over the past few years and not being particularly too fond of The Open Door. This album shows the growth of Evanescence; I really think this album may be one of their best so far along side Fallen that sold worldwide. The songs are magic to the ears; their single release What You Want is a fantastic opener, a bit different to what they have released in the past but I like it a lot. Evanescence are very well know for producing a versatile sound and that shines through on this album.

Overall a great comeback from Evanescence, possibly their best album to date; be sure to catch them on tour next month.

Stand out tracks:  What You Want ,The Change and Lost In Paradise

Tuomaslotte rate: TTTT


Find Evanescence on Facebook, Twitter and their official website


I also thought I would introduce a new Tuomaslotte rating system on the reviews; so here it is.

TTTTT = A masterpiece
TTTT   = Pretty amazing
TTT    = Average
TT    = Could be better
T   = Appalling

No comments:

Post a Comment