Wednesday 12 October 2011

Reckless Love - Animal Attraction

I had only heard about these glam metallers from Finland, also known as Reckless Love, just this year but I have really grown to love their catchy, upbeat feel good rock. Looking at their feathery hair, leather outfits and bandanas I can immediately see a modern day version of Poison. To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect on this album after the single Hot was released; I thought the whole album was going to sound a bit like that song. Opening with the song Animal Attraction was definitely a well thought out move on the bands part as it introduces the album perfectly and it gives you the jist of what the album is all about; this song is a personal favourite of mine on this album and I think I've played it for the fourth time today. I also like how the album doesn't sound too much like their first self titled album; not that I didn't like their first album it's great seeing a band experiment with different song layouts and structures. A fantastic example of this is the song Coconuts; such an original concept and the jungle like drums make me smile. I did not expect the sounds from elephants and monkeys on the song either; only Reckless Love. I also notice vocalist Olli Herman sounds very much like Jon Bon Jovi on this album, it makes me wonder how I missed that on their first album.

Overall a fantastic second album from the Finnish glam metallers; a feel good happy go lucky achievement and I think I could listen to this album over and over again!

Stand Out Tracks:  Animal Attraction, Fantasy and Coconuts

Tuomaslotte Rating:  TTTTT


Find Reckless Love on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment