Friday 7 October 2011

Black Veil Brides @ Southampton University 6/10/2011

Well after a long long summer my uni gig action began last night in the form of one of the most successful new rock bands today; they are all over Kerrang!, appeared on TV and Radio. I went to see in fact Black Veil Brides.

Getting there at around 8 with a friend we both people were still waiting to get in; hearing about others who had been waiting there since 4pm that afternoon goes to show how many hearts this band touches and it is lovely to see. So after waiting for ages unintentionally in the under 18s queue we got in and managed to catch the last two songs from My Passion's set. I had only caught the last few songs but I really liked how they engaged the crowd by their energetic stage presence and melodic music. I was surprised since I wasn't too fond of their new album but I may have to listen to them again. 

Find My Passion on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

Yashin were up next to play; had only heard their stuff briefly before but I was intrigued by what they had to offer. After watching their set I now have a new favourite band; I just loved how they interacted with the fans and their energy was incredible. Their cover of the Britney Spears song Everytime I was not expecting; I recognised the opening immediately and thought it sounded a bit better than the original. I met the guys afterwards and bought an album which you may see a review about on here soon.

Find Yashin on Facebook and Twitter

Headliners Black Veil Brides had only come into my life a few months ago; I loved their album Set The World On Fire and I think a few of their songs would definitely become stadium anthems one day. 'BLACK VEIL BRIDES! BLACK VEIL BRIDES!' were the chants you could hear all over the venue and they made a mysterious stage presence with lots of smoke. Opening with the song Love Isn't Always Fair got the crowd pumping and singing, from that I could tell Black Veil Brides were well under way. However after their song Set The World On Fire I felt quite uncomfortable; like I didn't belong where I was. The band were very energetic and showed a lot of passion in their performance but I couldn't really hear Andy's vocals a lot of the time, might have been the microphone I don't know and the atmosphere made me feel a bit out of place. So out of place I left early and that's a first for me. Very disappointed that happened but these things do, the show wasn't what I expecting. Although I did find their cover of Billy Idol's Rebel Yell rather good.

Find Black Veil Brides on Facebook and Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment