Wednesday 26 October 2011

Top 10 Albums of 2011 - Part 1

Well guys another year gone; it is now time to tell about my ten top albums that have really highlighted my year.

10. Black Veil Brides - Set The World On Fire

Despite their dissapointing live show in October I am going to give Hollywood rockers Black Veil Brides some credit for producing a fantastic album and starting a new revolution to music fans everywhere. I do love how the speak for outsiders in society and a lot of their music does very much speak to outsiders; it has a great mixture of songs such as the anthemic Fallen Angels and the heartfelt Saviour. Andy Biersack enticing vocals draws you in like a moth to the flame. You either love them or you hate them; either way their iconic Set The World On Fire has made it to number 10 of my albums of 2011.


Purchase the album now on iTunes or Amazon
 
9. Reckless Love - Animal Attraction

Finnish glam rockers Reckless Love's second album has really worked wonders in my music findings this year; very much liking the fact they remind me of a modern day version Poison. Catchy songs and old school guitar riffs are what really pushed my buttons; following a successful debut I think Reckless Love really deliver here.


Purchase the album now on iTunes or Amazon  

8. Alestorm - Back Through Time

I love the whole concept of this album produced by Scottish pirate rockers Alestorm; they write and perform songs that are related to pirate related matters and that is what I love. Most of the songs have a special place in my heart such as Scrapin the Barrell and The Sunk'n Norwegian. I definitely hope to see and hear more from them when I see them live in the new year.


Purchase the album now on iTunes or Amazon

7. Turisas - Stand Up and Fight

Eccentric Finnish metal heads Turisas have been a huge highlight of 2011 and this album is one of the reasons; I love their folk approach to metal and add an accordian and violin into the mix. My personal favourites on this album being The March of the Varangian Guard and Hunting Pirates this album really stood out for me this year. The key album that converted me to a Turisas fan for good.


Purchase the album now on iTunes or Amazon

6. Black Stone Cherry - Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea

To be honest; after hearing Blame It On The Boom Boom I was doubting what Black Stone Cherry's new album would sound like since I wasn't too keen on the song. However my hopes were lifted again after hearing the song White Trash Millionaire; the hopes were also confirmed. They still had their usual kick ass sound with catchy riffs and excellent vocal skills from Chris Robertson; a friend of mine mentioned the number of ballads on the album and I found he is right. Black Stone Cherry can produce a wide range of tunes and this album is proof.


Purchase this album now on iTunes and Amazon

That was part one for the top ten; look out for my top 5 post.

No comments:

Post a Comment