Sunday 20 February 2011

Gundogs - Little Deaths

I remember seeing Birmingham rockers Gundogs for the first time at Southampton University and remember them being a highlight of the night. What particualarly stuck out to me was how talented front women Leila A and Miss Teresa Rodriguez were; the vocals harmonising well, the phenomenal guitar playing and their poetic songwriting so I am very happy to be reviewing their debut album in this post. Starting off with the song Breakdown, the grungy melody with a hint of Nirvana and once the vocals were heard I also caught a hint of Blondie. The track that stood out for me was the song This Is My Melody, I remember it being performed live and particularly liked it very much. I love how this album combines a whole variety of cleverly written songs with fantastic melodies and absoulutely love the girls voices. This band sound brilliant on CD and live, this CD convinced me that big things will happen for this band. Hope to see them again this year.

Stand Out Tracks:  This Is My Melody and Hey Hey (Feel It Coming)


You can buy their debut album from Big Cartel

Be sure to find them on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LastFM and Reverbnation

No comments:

Post a Comment