Sunday 13 February 2011

Jenna's Revenge @ The Firehouse, Southampton 12/2/11

The Firehouse is a relatively new venue for me this year, it is Southampton's rock and metal bar with the loudest jukebox, lively warm atmosphere and friendly staff. For the first time I was to see a gig there, I have known for a while that the venue shows live bands so I was looking forward to it a lot. The bands that played last night were Section21 and Jenna's Revenge.

Section21 were first to play that evening, I didn't have a clue about who they were or what they sounded like so I was very intrigued by their sound. I thought they sounded very much like Led Zeppelin with a hint of Jimi Hendrix; my best friend from college Candy mentioned the guitarist being particulalry brilliant that I agreed with. I think that's where the hint of Jimi Hendrix comes from, it also reminded me of Santana too. In fact they were so good that when they were performing soundcheck me and a friend thought it was their actual performance. Catchy melodies and rocky vocals definately get my thumbs up, I hope to hear more from them soon.

Find Section21 on Facebook, Reverbnation and check out their official website

Headliners Jenna's Revenge were next and last to play that evening, I had seen them before at The Joiners and distinctly remembered the energetic stage presence that was passed onto the audience. Even when they sang a 50's Rock 'N' Roll stylised song there was headbanging in the crowd. Unfortunately wasn't enough people for the mosh pyramid like last time but it was still a fantastic set to rock out too. This was also their penultimate gig; not for the whole band but just for vocalist Sic as he is to move to Prague. I think it was a last performance to remember forever and a day because he gave it his absoulute all whether it as standing on a chair or sitting on the ground singing to my best friend. The music was top notch once again, some of those songs on their album Top Hotel sounded quality live and recognised a few including my favourite June '79. 

Be sure check out Jenna's Revenge official website and you can also find them on Facebook, MySpace and Reverbnation. Follow them on Twitter.

Overall brilliant set from both bands, warm lively atmosphere and generally a night I will never ever forget. I think that'll be because of the energy from the crowd and the love that was in the room that night. Also say goodbye to Sic when he leaves for Prague and all the best of luck in the future.















No comments:

Post a Comment