Sunday 27 February 2011

This Wicked Tongue EP

Hi guys, recently reading another music journal I loved how she reviewed an album so I might try the same technique. This post will show this style, basically I'll say something about the songs then rate them out of ten. I will try it on a band I had recieved an email about by their manager Andy Maynard; the band is This Wicked Tongue and they recently supported Gundogs so I was interested to hear their sound.

The Storm In A Hourglass - I really like how it starts of really soft then goes into this heavy disstorted sound with vocals that stand out over the noise. Love the melody, Tina V has a brilliant voice. Great opening track. 9/10

Damn It -  I love the title of the song, soft to disstorted again. Bouncy rhythm, impossible to sit still whilst this song is playing on your iPod/MP3 etc. Gundogs vibe about the song, possibly my favourite on the EP. I also like how you can hear the keyboard, being a keyboard player myself I love it when you can hear it clearly in a song. 10/10

A Glance At A Buddist Wristwatch - There was an unusual guitar riff at the beginning, this song is quite unique. Haven't heard any rock song like this before and it even has an original song title to match. 9/10

Home Thoughts From Abroad - The beginning of this song reminded me of a Pink track, going from soft disstorted. This song is very energetic, I think it could break the necks of many rockers because I can see a lot of heads banging. The guitar solo was the highlight for me here 10/10

Fools Rush In - I really like this track, the melody, the rhythm and the acoustic guitar. 10/10

Overall a fantastic EP, brilliant melodies, the vocals harmonising well and I really love the original song titles. Hope to see and hear more from them soon, thank you Andy for recommending them.



Click here to check out their website

You can also find This Wicked Tongue on ReverbNation, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment