Monday 25 July 2011

Bath; England

Hello everyone how are you all? I have just got back from spending a couple of days in Bath; the most relaxing two days of my life so far.


We arrived and checked into a local Travelodge and started to make our way over to a mini golf course. On the way up we saw so many amazing sights; a man walking across a tightrope whilst playing a fiddle and a Chinese art exhibition that increased my love for the art. So many colours and powerful emotions displayed in the imagery.


It was also great to see the different street acts in Bath; one person that particularly caught my eye was a young man playing some sort of percussion instrument, like a steel drum but he was playing it with his fingers. I shall write a more detailed post about him soon.


The mini golf course was situated in the most beautiful park; wide open green grass fields and some great architecture. The golf course was brilliant; I loved how it was set over flowing streams and the challenging holes (highest score 7) but overall a great golf course. 

We then made our way over to the fashion museum; incredible, learnt a lot and saw some costumes from the greatest films such as Pirates Of The Carribean, The King's Speech and Gladiator. My sister and I got to try on similar garments ladies wore in the eighteenth century; could not breath in that corset, so glad these garments went out of fashion.


The food in Bath is another aspect of what makes this city so amazing; we went to Tillie's Bistro for an evening meal, had some what I would call some fancy dishes but it's set in a cosy atmosphere that I think makes the restaurant spectacular. Boston Tea Part was a fantastic place to have breakfast with it's friendly staff and fantastic menu; anyone visiting Bath I would recommend those two restaurants.

The Spa was absoulutely wonderful; I had never felt so relaxed, there was a rooftop swimming pool that reminded me of heaven and the Minerva pool on the lower ground floor. The Eucalyptus steam room was cooling and calming; could have stayed in there all day long and the giant shower made me feel at one with the water.

Take care now
Tuomaslotte

No comments:

Post a Comment