Thursday 21 July 2011

Where are they now? - Issue 6

Well here we have another issue of Where Are They Now? This week features Within Temptation, Newton Faulkner and Maroon 5.


Now Within Temptation took a break from the music when lead singer Sharon Den Adel and guitarist Robert Wendershalt were expecting their third child; their most recent album The Unforgiving is an incredible masterpiece. They are also touring in November to promote this new album; I really love their music, gripping instrumentals and enchantingly haunting vocals from Sharon. This album was released along side a series of comic strips and short films enforcing the story behind the The Unforgiving.


I was listening to a song by dreadlocked British singer/songwriter Newton Faulkner one evening and wondered what had happened to him; he has had two hit albums Handbuilt By Robots and Rebuilt By Humans. His songs Teardrop, All I Got and Dream Catch Me are all incredible; he is a very talented individual with a fantastic voice, excellent guitarist and an amazing lyricist. He is currently working on a 3rd studio album that is scheduled to be released in 2012.


Well it has been a while since I have listened to Maroon 5's debut album Songs About Jane; I clearly remember the hit songs such as Harder To Breathe, She Will Be Loved and Sunday Morning. I did like this album a lot; a few years later their single Makes Me Wonder came into light, I remember liking this single too. It does make me wonder (no pun intended) what Maroon 5 do since they do have three albums out already; I hope to hear more from them since they are a good band with a number of feelgood hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment