Tuesday 12 July 2011

Incubus - If Not Now, When?

In Darklight drummer and good friend Louis Sellers mentioned this album and said he really loved it; he recommended I listened to it. I'm very glad he did, listening to it on Spotify, a vital tool for music lovers everywhere, I started to listen to it. I hadn't heard their previous material before but I really liked the mellow, laid back vibe this album gave. It is nice to take a break from the heavy disstorted guitars and thrashing drums. Some of the songs sounded a little bit like one of my favourite Finnish bands Poets Of The Fall, the singer does anyway; especially in songs If Not Now When? and The Original. I think my personal favourite song on the album is a song called Isadore; it has a strong melody and it has a warm heartfelt like feeling to it, I can also imagine the song being performed in a huge arena somewhere. I also really like the song Defiance; it shows how amazing a singer can be with a single instrument, the acoustic guitar.

Overall a masterpiece; I am going to listen to their previous material to see if there is a difference. I possibly have a new favourite album.

Stand Out Tracks:  Isadore, Defiance and Adolescents


Find Incubus on Facebook, Twitter and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment