Sunday 6 March 2011

Die So Fluid @ The Talking Heads, Southampton 5/3/2011

Last night I went The Talking Heads for the first time in I think about two years; I don't often go there because it's quite a hard venue to get too since it is on the other side of Southampton. I wasn't suprised to feel like I underdressed a little bit because Die So Fluid were headlining the gig and frontwoman Grog is very well known for her out-of-this-world appearance on stage so there was a lot of glitter, corsets, feathers etc; but I felt comfortable in the environment I was in.

First to play were industrial goth trio Dreams Divide; I haven't listened to the support bands music before but I was absoulutely amazed by their music. The music was made up by two synthesisers and one vocalist; it had an 80s like sound whilst keeping up with the dark gothic vibe. Lead vocalist David Crout's phenomenal energy passed onto the audience and as most of you know I think energy is the key thing to a great stage performance. A brilliant opening act for the night of industrial metal I was about to enjoy.

Find them on Facebook and MySpace

Welsh rockers Killing For Company were next to play; coming forward to the stage to get the best possible photos and their upbeat, grungy sound definately put the biggest smile on my face. Every single member had an energetic stage prescence and I loved how some of the members looked towards the cameras so anyone taking a photo could get a great image. I was a little bit worried that they were going to upstage headliners Die So Fluid; meeting them afterwards was wicked too, they signed my CD booklet from the CD I bought from them and posed for photographs. It was great to talk to them too; so down to earth and lovely guys. Hope to see them again soon.


Last but not least headliners Die So Fluid; I had started listening to them just at the end of last year, I love their latest album The World Is Too Big For One Lifetime and after hearing some positive comments about their live performance I was intrigued with what they had to offer performance wise.  Those comments were correct, I was absoulutely blown away by their performance. Grog looked absoulutely amazing in a leather, metal studded catsuit with red fluffy shoulder pads and her theatrical stage prescence was definately a highlight of the performance she gave. I also loved how she interacted with her fans whilst on the stage. I wasn't suprised by how packed the floor nearest the stage got when they played but fortunately I managed to get the best photos thanks to the aid of the benches near the stage. I love the variety of songs they chose to perform too; from classics such as Spawn of Dysfunction to new stuff such as Mercury. In fact Die So Fluid were so amazing that I was actually gutted when it finished since it seemed to be over so quickly. Meeting them afterwards I was quite starstruck; being they are very well known amongst the metalheads. I admire Grog for signing stuff from tickets to someone's arm and posing with fans in photographs despite the small amount of space there was to do it in.


Overall a fantastic evening; brilliant sets played by every single one of the bands creating the lively atmosphere that makes a night to remember for the rest of your life. This will possibly make it to my gigs of 2011 as it reinforced my love for industrial metal, which is a new genre for me this year.























2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am a KFC fan, saw them in Bolton, discovered Die so Fluid through them. They supported the Alarm on the Direct Action tour last year before Stu Cable died. Since then they have played some charity gigs, and some others as support and then the Alarms Gathering in January. A great bunch of lads, love em loads, they always make time for you and always recognise you at gigs. Nothing is too much trouble for them. I guarantee you will love The Lost Art of Deception it hasn't been off my player since I got it last April. Amazing band, amazing people, they definately ooze stage prescence. Jamie has recently taken over on drums as Aled Richards filled in for a bit, Jamie is right at home with the lads and plays a wicked set. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost Art Of Deception is an amazing album; look out for a review about it that I will post sometime this week :D Will definately love to see them again soon :D

    I intentionally went to see Die So Fluid, KFC's set definately blew me away :D

    ReplyDelete