Monday 28 March 2011

Tarja - What Lies Beneath

I must admit I was putting off listening to this album; after hearing My Winter Storm and not liking it that much I had my doubts about this album. After hearing the first song Anteroom of Death on the album I had to hear the rest of it; I love how it started with a harpsichord and her voice alone then went to disstorted guitars and her voice over the top. I had heard the songs I Feel Immortal and Falling Awake before which I really like a lot so I was pleased to hear those songs on the album. What I also love about this album is the variety of songs; you have the fast, heavy tracks such as Until My Last Breath and Dark Star, you also have the soft tracks such as Underneath and The Archive Of Lost Dreams. It is incredible how Tarja's beautiful voice suits every single song and the string instrumentals introducing some of the songs, the one from In For A Kill reminded me of Jaws for some reason. This album is a lot better than My Winter Storm, definately shows another level to Tarja's solo career since being fired from Nightwish nearly six years ago and Nightwish are doing incredibly well; their Imaginarium project is coming together nicely.



Stand out tracks:  Until My Last Breath, Underneath and Dark Star

Find Tarja on her official website, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Twitter and LastFM

No comments:

Post a Comment