Sunday 6 March 2011

Killing For Company - Lost Art Of Deception

This band blew me away at a recent gig when supported Die So Fluid so of course I bought an album from the merchandise stand; since it was my turn to cook dinner this evening I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to listen the album whilst cooking a delicious Sunday roast. Starting off with opening track Backstabbing For Beginners with interesting beat pattern on the drums at the very beginning, liked that a lot. It also drew me in with it's catchy melody and neckbreaking guitar solos. Born Yesterday's lyrical pattern was pretty cool and fitted the melody of the song very nicely. I immediately recognised Gone Too Far from the gig; where vocalist Greg got us all to sing the call and response chorus which made me so so happy, I was singing along whilst making the batter for the Yorkshire puds to go with our roast dinner.

Overall a fantastic album, their sound is quite similar to Lostprophets duetting with Good Charlotte. As you may have noticed I have gone back to my original style to reviewing things, the other style wasn't working out for me personally.

Stand out tracks:  Born Yesterday, Gone Too Far and Surrender

 

Find Killing For Company on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment