Tuesday 29 March 2011

Within Temptation - The Unforgiving

I recieved a package from Play.com, I was excited since I knew it was the new Within Temptation album I had pre-ordered back in January. So eargerly ripping the package open and sticking the CD into my laptop I was good and ready to listen; not having heard new material from Within Tempation for a long time I was so excited since so far Within Temptation have produced such remarkable albums. The first two songs open the album perfectly giving the haunting vibe that these guys are well known for, I think this is enhanced by Sharon den Adel's enchanting voice that has more charm than a dream date; her beautiful voice stands out on every song whether it'd be the fast upbeat Iron to the soft sound of Fire and Ice. Where Is The Edge just sent shivers down my spine; I had heard the track before so I am pleased that the song was on the album. Within Temptation are also very well know for being so versatile with their sound and in this album I heard a completely new sound via the track Faster; it sounds a lot more upbeat than their previous material but it still manages to keep up the haunting vibe, which is what I love about the track. Overall an outstanding album; proof to me that these Dutch symphonic metallers are still going strong and I hope to see them on tour later on this year. 


Stand Out Tracks:  Shot In The Dark, Where Is The Edge and Lost

Find Within Temptation on their official website, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment