Monday 13 June 2011

Black Veil Brides - Set The World On Fire

Ever since hearing about them I have been loving what Kerrang readers have voted 'best international newcomer' and after listening to this album I can definately see why they acheived this status. A variety of catchy but rather strong melodies are one of the elements that make this album special. Andy Biersack's voice is incredible, possibly one of my new favourite singers after listening to this album. I think this album is definately an escapist album which is brilliant; helping you forget any kind of stress and one of the things I love to do is to find anyway to escape the pressure reality seems to put on us today. My favourite tracks on the album are Fallen Angels and the heartfelt Saviour; I can imagine the song Fallen Angels being performed to a huge arena such as Wembley and getting the positive reception, a whole crowd shouting back WE SCREAM as a call and response effect. Saviour almost had me in tears; it's such a touching song, I also like the fact Andy uses screamo vocals near the end of the song. Caught me off guard I must say.

Overall a fantastic new album from 'best international newcomer' Black Veil Brides; unfortunately having missed them at Download this year I am happy to say I'll be seeing them in Southampton in October. Cannot wait for that.

Stand Out Tracks:  Set The World On Fire, Fallen Angels and God Bless You


Find Black Veil Brides on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment