Thursday 30 June 2011

Where are they now? - Issue 3

Hi guys; wow weeks do fly by don't they. Time for another issue of Where Are They Now? This week features Razorlight, Busted and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Now I must admit I am not Razorlight's biggest fan but I have wondered where Johnny Borrell in his skin tight white jeans and co had gone since they are a very popular band amongst youth culture. They have had three sucessful albums with a lot of singles; In The Morning, America, Fall To Pieces and the hit that made them famous Golden Touch. Well doing some research they are working on a fourth album which could make the British charts, so Razorlight could be storming the charts again soon.


Now a lot of girls my age now can remember being mad about Busted when they were in their prime time; I remember my school disco when I was about eleven years old and lots of girls screaming when their song Year 3000 came on. To be honest I did like Busted but only for their music; a lot of the other girls always seemed to talk about who was the cutest. They went their separate ways after Charlie Simpson left to join Fightstar, Matt Wilson had a brief solo career just before going into rehab and James Bourne had a brief stint with a band called Son Of Dork. There have been rumours that the band will get back together; Charlie however will not be apart of it, he wants to continue flying solo.


Red Hot Chili Peppers are one of my favourite bands; basically I was still discovering rock music when I came across them so I bought their album By The Way that I fell in love with at the first listen. They have been running for over 20 years; since their release of Stadium Aracadium they disappeared for a while; guitarist John Frusciante had left the band for a second time to persue a solo career. When I heard about a new album release this year I was over the moon; it's to be released at the end of August this year. It will be the first album with Frusciante replacement Josh Klinghoffer. I am really excited about the new album.


That's it for this week; any more bands? Give me a buzz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment