Sunday 26 June 2011

My day out in London

Just realised I haven't told you guys about my trip to London; my best friend and I needed a bit of cheering up. This day out was just what the doctor ordered; we were tourists in our own country.

The first part of our day took place in Camden Market; it's a treasure trove for those looking for a bit of alternative culture. The set up is very vintage old town style and that's I love about it, we both gorged on the biggest slices of pizzas you could lay your eyes on. I also came across a stall where fish nibble the dead skin cells off your feet; it was one of the strangest treatments but at the same time it was very relaxing and my feet are still feeling incredibly soft. £10 well spent I thought.

HORSEY!!!!!
Fish nibbling treatment
The next part of our trip took place in the home of street artists Covent Garden; after climbing about 200 stairs at the station Becca and I were grateful to be in one of my personal favourite parts of London. I love the living statues there; you put a penny in their basket and they do something amazing. I also admire their talent to stay incredibly still for such a long time. Becca and I gorged on more food; two large crepes this time; there's this cosy little cafe with wooden benches where we had them.

Stick em up!!!
He's balancing a bike on his head.....HOW COOL IS THAT???!
We ended our day in the almighty Trafalgar Square; it was an untentional stopping point, wondering around endlessly then I recognised the famous landmark with the big tin lions and the gourgeous fountains. Overall a fantastic day in London; definately going back. Well I will be back for Alter Bridge and Black Stone Cherry in November but I shall definately be in London before then; Becca and I are going to try and visit all the tourist spots.

My new boyfriend....hahaha joking

Me and Becca in Trafalgar Square
Me on top of a lion

No comments:

Post a Comment