Thursday 23 June 2011

Where are they now? - Issue 2

Well guys it's issue 2 of Where Are They Now?; my three bands for this week are Toploader, The Kooks and The Darkness.

Toploader where well known for their one hit wonder Dancing In The Moonlight; I hadn't thought of them for a while until I saw a TV advert for their brand new album. I was suprised to see that since I hadn't heard from them for about nine or ten years so it will be interesting to see what they have produced after all these years. Will listen to this album I think and let you know what I think; for now though I leave you with their feel good song that made them famous.


The Kooks were one of my favourite bands when I was at secondary school; I loved their catchy songs and their authentic accents as they sang. Looking at their official website I see they have a new album on the way that is due for a release in September followed by a tour of Europe and the UK; they are currently touring the US. I adore their album Inside In/Inside Out; it'll be interesting to hear their new album when it comes out. Here is my favourite song by them.


Last but not least modern hair rockers The Darkness; I Believe In A Thing Called Love was such a success when it came out, after One Way Ticket To Hell I thought they were long gone. However I was proved wrong by the band's announcement of a reunion and a UK tour. I wonder if there will be a new album; anyways shall look forward to their show in November.


Like I said last week; if there are any bands you think have disappeared. Let me know either on here or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment