Sunday 26 June 2011

Russ Diapper - No Cure For Curiousity

Hey guys; a friend of mine has a brand new solo out now, he is from local blues rock band Gecko so it would be interesting to listen to his solo stuff. I was listening to it on my way to town the other day; I could gather some influences from Black Sabbath and a hint of ZZ Top. Definately heard a glimpse of the old school bluesy rock via the song Cluckin Mad which has to be a favourite of mine on the album. This album I think is the ideal thing to listen to in a open roof car on the open road to a place to get away from it all, I love the laid back, feel good vibe you get from the album; the songs just make me smile. I hear Gecko are sceduled to come to Southampton next week I think, will be sure to pop by to see them.

Stand Out Tracks:  Cluckin Mad, Ain't No Rich Man and Need My Lady


Click here to purchase the album

Since this post is about Russ just thought I'd let you guys know he has a mobile studio located in Southampton; if you are in a band or know someone who is click here for more info.

Find Russ' band Gecko on Facebook, MySpace, Reverbnation and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment