Tuesday 28 June 2011

Caro Emerald - Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor

I had seen this album advertised on the TV and was very intrigued by Caro Emerald's sound; it reminded me of old fashioned jazz that you don't seem to hear in mainstream culture. So it was definately great to see some original sounding music. Anyway when my sister told me she owned the album I asked if I could borrow it; I am so glad I did. The first song That Man is such a great song; I had heard it before so I was glad it was on the album. I love how the lyrics from each song seem to relate to what singers from the 50s sang about; romance, deception. It's amazing how the jazz fuses together with a bossa nova, samba beat. Each song had a different upbeat finger snapping rhythm. I also love how each song stood out for instance Dr Wanna Do; it sounds so much like a song you would hear in an old fashioned musical and it just made me smile.

Overall a fantastic album; I love how each song made me dance in my seat and I love the contrast between romance and deception throughout. Definately keeps you on your toes; could possibly be on Tuomaslotte's 2011 lists somewhere.

Stand Out Tracks:  That Man, Dr Wanna Do and Stuck


Find Caro Emerald on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, YouTube, LastFM and her official website

No comments:

Post a Comment