Sunday 5 June 2011

Amorphis -The Beginning Of Times

This bands music I have always been very inspired by; I love the sound of Tomi Jousten's deep voice that also has a growl and the haunting, dark rock. Like a musical beast from the land of metal music (a.k.a Finland). After watching their amazing new video I had to listen to their brand new album. The opening song Battle For Light definately was a great choice to open the album; the enchanting piano entices you that then leads to the very heavy growls from Mr Jousten. The song You I Need I recognised immediately; that was the song they now have the video for so I was glad that was on the album. One of my personal favourites on the album is the song Escape; the intro definately gives a heroic sense to the song and I love the piano tune/riff whatever you'd like to call it.. I also liked the song On a Stranded Shore, it reminded me of a softer version of their previous Silent Waters

Overall a great album from the Finnish dark metallers; I also like the concept of this album too. It has also been announced Amorphis are to support Nightwish at their one off LA concert.

Stand out tracks:  Battle For Light, Escape and Beginning Of Time


Find Amorphis on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, YouTube and their official website

No comments:

Post a Comment