Thursday 16 June 2011

Where are they now? - Issue 1

Today whilst me and a friend sat in McDonalds eating we started to talk about music and one thing that came up was different bands that had flown off the musical radar. It got us thinking about what are they doing now and if they will ever make an appearance in the public eye again.

The first band that entered our minds were Liverpudlian alternative rock/soul quintet The Zutons; I remember each of their albums being particularly great and I have watched them perform a fantastic live show a few years ago. Their last album You Can Do Anything was released back in 2008; I think their best album for me was Tired Of Hanging Around. I do know that they have a new gutarist after Boyan Chowdhury left in 2007 due to musical differences and of course Amy Winehouse covered The Zutons hit song Valerie. I'm personally hoping they do make the make their way into the public eye again; they are truly a fantastic band. Here's my favourite song by them.



We also talked about the alternative rockers Rooster; I remember them very briefly and being particularly mad about their debut self titled album where the songs were very catchy. They also released Circles and Satellites; the album single Home I wasn't overly keen on to be honest but they have now split up due to difficulties with the record label and musical differences. However each band member are doing their own thing now such as being in the touring band with either Diana Vickers and Leona Lewis or part of bands.


I started to think about Evanescence too; they've been off the radar ever since Ben Moody left the band. Their album The Open Door wasn't great for me but Fallen was amazing; whether you like or hate Evanescence both of those albums earnt worldwide. From what I hear they are working on a new album that will be released this autumn; so they will definately making their mark in the limelight again.


I think I'll do this feature weekly; if you can think of any bands you love or would love to hear again that have gone of the music radar then please place a comment.

Take care Tuomaslotte

No comments:

Post a Comment