Monday 17 January 2011

The 69 Eyes - Devils

Today I came across an album so wonderful that I listened to it more than once in one day and the fact it drew me into this fantasy gothic world that helped me escape the manic, stressful atmosphere at the train station today; being most of the trains were delayed and the staff didn't have a clue what was happening. I had heard of these guys briefly and had been meaning to listen to them for sometime and after hearing the song Lost Boys I decided to listen to the album. Anyways I just loved the variety of different songs that kept me listening all the way through; don't you just love albums that don't give the emotion boredom after listening to over and over again? I certainly do, this is one of those rare albums that no matter how many times you listen to it, you don't get tired of it. The melodies of all the songs were just beautiful and the amazing arrangements of the instrumentals bought a vamperic atmosphere to life. I also fell in love Jykri's deep operatic voice; it reminded me of HIM's frontman Ville Valo and Elvis Presley. His voice definately fitted in with all of the songs like the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle. My personal favourite on the album has to be Sister Of Charity; I love how the song gives of a Hunchback of Notre Dame vibe with the haunting church bells and choirs.

Stand Out Tracks:  Feel Berlin, Sister Of Charity and Lost Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment