Tuesday 11 January 2011

Theory Of A Deadman - Scars and Souvenirs

I had been meaning to listen to this band for quite a while since they seem to appear on the 'You May Like' section on any music website under a Nickelback page, I adore Nickelback so I definately wanted to check them out. Listening to a bit of Theory Of A Deadman in the shop Underground Clothing so I decided to buy this album since it had the song Bad Girlfriend on it. Being that was the song I heard in Underground Clothing, loved it so much. Frontman Tyler Connolly sounds so much Chad Kroger (Nickelback frontman), the first two songs had me gripped immediately being due to the fact two very different contrasting songs opened up this awesome album. So Happy being a very upbeat track and By The Way being quite mellow; in this album I heard a great variety of songs. Songs like Got It Made and Bad Girlfriend being very energetic that make you want to jump around like crazy then you have the tearjerkers like Not Meant To Be; this particular had a big impact on me since I am getting through a heartache at the moment so the song did bring a tear to my eye. This album will definately be a highlight of this year even though it's official realease was a couple of years ago, I hope they release more stuff. In the meantime I shall definately give their older stuff a listen. 

Stand out tracks:  Bad Girlfriend, So Happy and Little Smirk

No comments:

Post a Comment