Wednesday 19 January 2011

Alexandra Leigh Nicoletti

It's one wonderful YouTube musician after another and the year has only just begun; recieving a friend request from 18 year old New Yorker Alexandra. Her piano covers of famous metal songs and film compositions are just remarkable, it's not just her piano playing that impresses me. I am listening to one of her songs she composed for guitar and vocals that she is amazing at, she could start a band all by herself at this rate. Seeing that one of her influences is Danny Elfman is also a bonus; Danny Elfman is my favourite composer, I love his haunting sounds and come to think of it I am getting a Danny Elfman vibe from her music. Below are two videos; the first is a piano cover of Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God and the second one is her own composition.


 

You can join this artist on Facebook and YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment