Sunday 2 January 2011

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

This evening my sister Emily lent me Lady Gaga's album Fame Monster, orignally not intending to review the album since it's not the kind of music I would listen to but liking songs Bad Romance and Just Dance I decided to otherwise. There was feedback about exloring all the various types of music as well as rock and metal so I will definately be doing that more from now on. Anyways starting off with Bad Romance which is really an amazing song gave this album the best possible best opening; Speechless definately showed me a whole different side of Lady Gaga I had never heard before until listening to this song; it definately showed a rock/blues ballad vibe that I am not used to hearing from her at all. Featuring Beyonce was definately a well thought out move from Lady Gaga since her vocals fitted the song Telephone perfectly. Teeth was also an outstandingly remarkable track that stood out on this CD.

That was Disc 1, now onto Disc 2; Just Dance the all famous feel good track that you hear at clubs was great way to open act two. LoveGame had a very intriguing theme; it was all about a childhood game we all remember as children; I personally remember playing those kind of games along to made up fairy tales. I absoulutely love the song Paparazzi; it covers an issue that all the very famous celebrities go through every single day....dealing with the paparazzi. The line 'Baby you'll be famous, chase you down you until you love me' stood out to me. Since it's definately what the paparazzi seem to do. The summery theme behind Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) reminded me of a mix between Walking On The Sunshine and Heaven's A Place On Earth that made me smile.

Overall a truly remarkable album with a wide wide variety of songs and some of the strange sounding songs definately reflect Lady Gaga's bizzare persona. I also loved how most of the songs had an 80s pop like sound with it's strong beats and melodic sythnthesisers, one of my very favourite music decades is the 80s.

Stand out tracks:  Disc 1 - Bad Romance, Telephone and Teeth
                         Disc 2- LoveGame, Poker Face and I Like It Rough

PS:  I am aware I changed the size of the font, part of some of the feedback from the survey was that the font was too small before.

No comments:

Post a Comment