Sunday 30 January 2011

Haumea

Last night I went to a cosy music pub/venue known as The Hobbit in Southampton as a friend's band were to play there for their debut gig. I hadn't heard any of the music before, the only hint I got was the genre prog rock and I like prog rock very much so I was wondering what they were going to sound like. Coming inside to watch Haumea from the oh so freezing arctic temperature cold in the beer garden I was very glad to hear their music, it was pretty awesome. The vocalist had an electric pedal that connected to the microphone meaning he could change how his vocals sounded that I was highly impressed with, it was awesome to hear very echoy vocals like you would hear in a prog rock band. Definately a first gig to be proud of, keeping Southampton's outstanding reputation for fresh young bands. Will definately see more from them this year.

Join them on Facebook now

For fans of Porcupine Tree and Dream Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment