Saturday 15 January 2011

The Pretty Reckless - Light Me Up

I did have my doubts about this band at first; hearing about lead vocalist Taylor Momsen being in the headlines of gossip magazines for the wrong reasons, I was hoping that didn't affect the music. The opening songs My Medicine and Since You're Gone blew all my doubts away, she does have an incredibly amazing voice and the songs are very cleverly written. The songs You Make Me Want To Die and Just Tonight I had heard before and liked a lot, very deep emotional ballads. The song Light Me Up is definately a great way to boost one's self esteem; I think it also reflects Taylor Momsen's personality, mentioning in interviews she is honest and she's not afraid to be herself. Overall an inspiring album, it definately shows entirely different side to Taylor Momsen from when I saw her portraying Cindy Lou in the film The Grinch.

Stand out tracks:  Light Me Up, Miss Nothing and You


No comments:

Post a Comment